Prelimitary description of the workshop to be organised at the Rotterdam EWHN conference
Workshop gasses in containers
Possible subjects and possible speakers
- Research on containers in the ports of Rotterdam, Hamburg, Sweden. Possible guests: Professor Xaver Baur (MD, DR, Sci) University Hamburg, chairman E.O.M. society (European Society for Environmental and Occupational Medicine), professor Gunnar Johnson,Karolinska Istitutet, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Head of Work Enviromental Medicine.
- Medical background and diagnosing,Dr. Louis Verschoor internist Ecemed, dr. Atie Verschoor chemist Ecemed. About a few hundred cases they have seen and diagnosed.
- The situation for custom officers in the port of Le Havre. CTG official Bertrand Vuaroqueaux
- The situation in Belgium on gasses in containers. BTB secretary Frank Moreels
- The relation between victoms here and many cancer deads on a very young age in a Samsung factory in Korea. Dr. Kong and possibly one of the cancer victoms who is under treatment if still alive.
- A serious dutch victom from exposure to gasses in containers
- The worldwide activities on the subject by the ITF (International Transportworkers Federation). Mac Urata secretary of the road transport section
- ILO,IMO, UNECE, code of practice on the safe packing of CTU. Jan de Jong union exert / Mac Urata ITF
- Simple, effective and cheap European solutions of the problem. Jan de Jong union expert on the subject